Weekend Malva Pudding
- 30ml Butter/Margarine
- 125g White Sugar
- 1 Extra Large Egg
- 15ml Apricot Jam
- 5 ml Bicarbonate of Soda
- 125ml Milk
- 250ml Cake Flour
- Pinch of Salt
- 15ml Vinegar
- 125g Butter/Margarine
- 185 ml White Sugar
- 65ml Water
- 185 ml Cream
- 5ml Vanilla essence
- Cream butter and sugar together, beat in the egg until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the apricot jam.
- Dissolve the bicarb in the milk.
- Sift the flour and salt together and add to the creamed mixture alternately with the milk.
- Lastly stir in the vinegar.
- Pour into a deep round dish about 19cm diameter.
- Cover the dish with a lid or foil and then bake for 1 hour at 180°C.
- Bring the butter, sugar and water to the boil and simmer, stirring all the time for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the stove and then add the cream and the vanilla.
- Pour over the hot baked pudding.
Serve with your choice of Ice Cream & or Custard