HONEY AND MACADAMIA NOUGAT ICE-CREAM
Recipe courtesy - @Wedgewoodcraftedconfectionery
- 2 cups Fresh cream
- 2 Large free-range eggs, separated
- ¼ cup Runny honey
- 45 g Icing sugar, sifted
- 150 g Wedgewood macadamia nougat , chopped
- 50 g Macadamias , roasted and chopped
- 50 g peanut brittle chopped
- Fresh seasonal fruit, for serving
- In a bowl large enough to hold all the ingredients, beat the cream until soft peaks form. Chill until required.
- Whisk the egg yolks, honey and 30 g icing sugar in an electric mixer until pale and thick.
- In a third bowl, beat the egg whites using a handheld electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add the remaining icing sugar and beat until glossy but not too stiff.
- Add the nougat, nuts and brittle to the yolk mixture, making sure they do not stick together.
- Gently fold the egg yolks and the egg whites into the chilled cream.
- Spoon into 4–6 short glasses, cover with cling wrap and freeze overnight.