Baked Ricotta Savoury Cheese Cake
Recipe Courtesy - @Moirs
- 1x100g Moir’s Yum salted biscuits, coarsely crushed
- 100g butter, melted
- 650g ricotta
- 250g reduced-fat cream cheese
- 250ml reduced-fat plain yoghurt
- 15ml Maizena
- 80ml lemon juice
- 15ml finely grated lemon rind
- 15ml vanilla essence
- 3 eggs
- 250ml castor sugar
- 50g blue cheese (optional)
- preserved figs for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- For the crust, add the melted butter to the crushed biscuits and mix well.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a non-stick paper lined and greased 20cm diameter spring form pan.
- For the filling, place the ricotta, cream cheese and yoghurt in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Place the Maizena in a small bowl, add the lemon juice and mix until smooth.
- Add to the cheese mixture the lemon rind, vanilla, eggs and sugar. Mix until smooth. Pour the mixture into the pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until just set: and slightly golden. Refrigerate in the pan until chilled.
- Carefully remove the clamps from the pan.
- Slice the cake and sprinkle each slice with crumbled blue cheese and decorate with fig preserves.
- Serves 8-12