Chocolate and Macadamia Brownies
Recipe Courtesy - @Clover
- ¾ cups (150 g) good-quality dark chocolate
- ½ cup (115 g) Clover Mooi River Butter
- 1 cup (200 g) castor sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup (70 g) cake flour
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cocoa
- 1 cup (100 g) macadamia nuts or walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease and line the base of a 20 cm square cake tin.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and set aside to cool slightly.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Sift the flour and cocoa and carefully fold into the egg mixture.
- Add the melted chocolate and nuts and combine, pour the mixture into the cake tin and bake for 20 - 25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before cutting into squares to serve.