Condensed Milk Cake
Recipe Courtesy - @Africanbites
- 10 ounce 284grams unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup 150grams granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 2 cups 250grams all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder.
- 1 14 ounce can condensed milk or 396 grams
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg optional
- 2-3 tablespoons lime zest
- Pre-heat the oven to 160°C/325°F. Grease a 10 inch or Bundt pan generously with cooking spray and set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugar at high speed in a stand mixture until it’s fluffy and starting to look white, about 3 minutes. Then add the condensed milk and mix for another minute.
- Stir in the eggs, a little at a time, beating the mixture well between each addition. Sift in the flour and baking powder into the batter, and then add the grated lime zest& juice, nutmeg, and vanilla extract.
- Stir well until everything is fully combined. Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl.
- Pour batter into a greased cake pan. Tap pan on work surface to eliminate any air
- Bake at 325 degrees F until tester inserted into the center comes out clean, about 45–50minutes. Transfer to a wire rack.
- Sprinkle cake with powdered sugar and serve with whipped cream and strawberries.