Peppermint Crisp Dessert
Recipe Courtesy - @hulettsugar
- 1 x packet (200 g) ginger biscuits, crushed
- 80 g butter
- 200 g (250 ml) Huletts SunSweet Brown Sugar
- 125 ml (½ cup) milk
- 3 ml (½ t) salt
- 250 ml (1 cup) fresh cream
- 80 g (1 slab) mint chocolate, roughly chopped
- 40 g (½ slab) mint chocolate for grating on top
- fresh mint leaves to garnish, optional
- Place the butter, sugar, milk and salt in a heavy-based saucepan over medium heat, allow butter to melt, then whisk continuously for 5 - 8 minutes, until caramel sauce thickens. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Place the cream in a bowl and whisk until thick; fold in the chopped chocolate and the cooled caramel sauce.
- To layer in a glass: start with a layer of crushed biscuits, top with caramel and cream mixture. Repeat process to make 2 layers. Top with grated peppermint chocolate and garnish with a mint sprig, if desired.