Brown Velvet Dessert
Recipe Courtesy @Spar
- 60 g SPAR full-fat margarine
- 45 ml corn-flour
- 500 ml SPAR full-cream milk
- 50 ml SPAR light brown sugar
- 5 ml vanilla essence
- 2 ml cream of tartar
- 2 large SPAR eggs, beaten
- 25 ml brandy
- 250 ml SPAR fresh cream
- 1 Flake chocolate
- Break the biscuits into the base of a dessert dish
- Cook a basic white sauce using the margarine, corn flour and milk.
- Bring to the boil briefly, then stir in the sugar and essence.
- Remove the pot off the heat and slowly mix in the egg, stirring in well.
- Lastly stir in the brandy.
- Pour this velvety smooth sauce over the biscuits and refrigerate once it has cooled down slightly at room temperature.
- When it has firmed up considerably, cover with stiffly whipped cream and crumble the chocolate over. Serve chilled.
- Hints and Tips
- The cream of tartar gives substance and emphasises the creaminess of a sauce such as this.