CHRISTMAS PANETTONE LAYER CAKE
Recipe Courtesy - @WoolworthsSA
- 1 large panettone
- 300 ml single cream
- 375 ml vanilla custard
- 6 ripe peaches, sliced into wedges
- 250 g ripe strawberries, sliced
- icing sugar, for dusting
- lemon leaves, to garnish (optional)
- Cut the panettone across, into thirds, to create three large rounds.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks form, then gently fold in the custard to marble the cream.
- Lay one of the cake rounds on a flat surface and spread generously with the custard mixture. Top with another round of cake and, again, spread with cream. Top with sliced peach and strawberries, then top with the remaining cake round.
- Dust liberally with icing sugar, decorate with lemon leaves, if desired, and serve immediately.