Honey Almond Granola
- 3 cups of quick cooking oats
- 3/4 cup of sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 1/2 cup honey, local if at all possible
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons of warm water
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 325 °F (163 °C).
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl. (Oats, almonds, and coconut) Make sure you have mixed it evenly and set it to the side.
- Using a smaller bowl, stir together the wet ingredients. (Honey, coconut oil, water, and vanilla extract) You will need to melt the coconut oil in the microwave for about 10 seconds. Make sure the ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the wet mixture slowly over the dry mixture. Stir thoroughly to ensure that the mixture is well combined.
- Spray nonstick cooking spray over your baking tray. This will make sure the granola won't stick.
- Line the baking tray with baking paper. Make sure the baking paper covers all of the inside of the tray.
- Bake in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes. Every 5 minutes, mix the granola.
- Remove the tray from the oven. Carefully lift the baking paper and move it to a cooling rack. Don't forget to remove the paper.