Chocolate Bar-One cake
Recipe Courtesy - @SnowflakeSA
- 45ml cocoa powder
- 80ml hot water
- 150g butter or margarine, softened
- 250ml (200g) sugar
- 3 eggs
- 500ml (280g) Snowflake Cake Wheat Flour
- 15ml Snowflake Baking Powder
- 3ml bicarbonate of soda
- 2ml salt
- 250ml buttermilk or plain yoghurt
For the icing
- 55g Bar One, cut into pieces
- 100g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 60ml fresh cream
- 45ml butter or margarine
- Mix cocoa powder and water until smooth and set aside to cool slightly.
- Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition until light and creamy. Add cocoa powder mixture.
- Sift flour, baking powder, bicarb and salt together and add, alternately with buttermilk, to creamed mixture.
- Spoon mixture into a greased 23cm loose-bottom round cake pan. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 50 mins. Leave in pan for a few minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the icing: Mix all the ingredients together in a small saucepan. Place over low heat until melted. Spoon over top of cake and leave to set. Decorate with extra chopped Bar One.